Sunday, August 2, 2009

here cracks a noble heart!

I have been working on the chronicle of the twin births, or rather the chronicle of my feelings about it, since it's hardly a reliable set of medical observations. It's difficult because the religious atmosphere of this family was much more palpable and determined than that of the Amish family! Strangely the Amish are able to put a visitor at ease more than the Presbyterians. I'll keep working that out and publish it soon, I hope.

Blog. I hate that word. I've only admitted to a few people that I have a blog, and whether I mention it out loud or online, I feel like a total fool uttering the word. BLOG. Gag me with a spoon.

Kenneth Branagh's Shakespeare's Hamlet has set me down crookedly in the world today. Nothing fits quite right after that sort of thing.

I've had an odd summer of Shakespeare film productions. Godard's King Lear (if you can call it Shakespeare), Royal Shakespeare Company's Macbeth, someone's Twelfth Night and now this.

It is my next to last evening in Indiana so I suppose I should relish it rather than Writing In/on My BLOG.

1 comment:

  1. It was an excercise in humility to admit to having a blog, much less posting on FB. But I am so glad I did, as it has led me not only to your lovely site, but also reconnected me, already, with an old high school friend who is moving overseas in two days to do similar work!

    I'm looking forward to more of your writing, Mal!

    And enjoy your last day in C-ville :)

    ReplyDelete