Saturday, April 20, 2013

vegan gluten free black bean brownies

Everybody's talking about black bean brownies so I thought I'd try some.

http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-gluten-free-black-bean-brownies/

Because I can never follow a recipe exactly (unless it's by Julia Child or Sally Fallon,) I substituted maple syrup for the sugar. Also, I have a tiny food processor, so I was choosy about what went in there. The beans and cold coconut oil needed to be liquefied, so they were added to the flax-egg. Everything else was mixed in the bowl. The batter was bowl-lickin' good and did not taste like beans whatsoever, but I'll probably add more cocoa or chocolate bits next time. Walnuts went on top like the recipe says, but since I didn't mix in the food processor there was really no reason not to mix them into the batter in the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment