Tuesday, February 3, 2015

wintroverted

Haven't posted in a long time because I've been feeling wintroverted. Also because I'm pregnant and I didn't want to say anything yet, but most of what I felt like saying had something to do with that.

----

Dumped FB the other day so that I can spend Lent (slash the rest of my life???????) studying Greek, praying the Akathist to the Mother of God, Nurturer of Naughty Little Babies, and just being in my real life more. Also I need to find an absurdly cheap 2 bedroom apartment for us to move into in the next six months.

Me: Hi, I'd like to find an apartment in the D.C. area.
Apartment finding lady: Cool, what's your price range?
Me: (highballing) About $1200?
Apartment finding lady: Okay, are you looking for a studio then?
Me: Um... how about two bedrooms?

----

Matt reads a chapter of the Bible to us every morning (that's all Squirmy can handle) and we've started reading it in the Septuagint too. I stumble through guessing based on what I remember from the story and he helps with grammar. It's a good way to learn. Of course, I remember a lot from school and I have a very knowledgeable fellow at my elbow, so I can't recommend it to anyone starting cold. But materials need to be prepared for people to be able to do such a thing on their own. This article got Matt and me hooked on interlinear preparations for teaching classical languages. Check it out because I have to go chase my baby away from the stairs again.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the article! I recently got my own copy of the NT in Greek. I thought about getting an interlinear, but I like the job of translating myself. I guess that makes it a little harder, but I don't mind.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy! When are you due? I hope you're feeling well so far. Baby number 5 is due to arrive here in June. :)

    ReplyDelete