Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I should just wear a sign.

IT'S DUE JUNE 11
OH YOUR BIRTHDAY IS IN JUNE TOO?
YEP IT'S GONNA BE A SURPRISE
IT IS INDEED MY FIRST CHILD
IT'S PROBABLY NOT TWINS I'M JUST 37 WEEKS PREGNANT (you fool!)

Jk. People are just being sweet. I understand that when they see someone who obviously has a life-size baby inside of her, they want to interact. There is something special about the sight, especially if you've experienced it yourself. And I try to maintain a generally approachable countenance in public, so people talk to me a lot. One just gets a little tired of saying the same thing over and over again. I can't make it through the grocery store without having the same conversation at least three times, whether I see people I know or not!

You don't see a pregnant woman who is practically at term every day, so the size can be a little surprising. Even I am surprised when I wake up in the morning. Matt is taken aback at times too, and my brother has done a double-take every time he's seen me for the past few months. The last time he kind of nervously asked if this was normal. It's funny that he's always surprised because I feel like my mom was always 8 or 9 months pregnant when we were growing up... and with babies ranging from 9 to almost 11 pounds, she got BIG. (Mother of God.... please.)

I think I've gathered almost everything needed for the birth. (Still need a few receiving blankets, and we need to figure out how to fill the birth pool.) I was a little self conscious about checking out at Wal*Mart with my collection of towels, hydrogen peroxide, olive oil, adult diapers and, ahem, aquarium fish nets, but whatever. I'm very excited about finding a Boppy and an unopened sitz bath at Goodwill! Don't laugh at me. There's so much indignity involved in this Majestic Miraculous Event.

My embarassingly enthralling series is available to be checked out as audio books online from my library! I'll see how I like listening to it around the house. There is another library patron who is reading them at the same pace as me; perhaps slowing down to listen to this book will give me enough of a lag so that he or she will get ahead (and thus return the book so I can read it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment